Friday, May 29, 2015

Season Overview


Now that our season has been over for a few weeks I have had some time to reflect on the year


Although this is my fifth year coxing, it was my first year at the University level which was a huge change for me. I had gone to nationals in high school but even compared to that these races seemed so much bigger. This past year I coxed scrimmages on our home course, head races down in Texas, and even our Conference Championships on the East Coast. Our results were not what we had hoped, and this year was the first in a few that we didn’t get to compete at NCAA’s. Our second place finish in our conference was a disappointing one as a team, but I know personally that I had made some huge improvements throughout the year and I am proud of how much my coxing and my rowers have grown. After returning back, we had a team meeting about the upcoming year and there has definitely been a change in attitudes for approaching next year. Second place is always tough, but it’s not always a bad spot to be in. I’m looking forward to spending some time away from the water and learning about the sport on my own and knowing that the start of next year will be a new and refreshing one.

No comments:

Post a Comment